Becoming an expat is an awesome way to broaden your horizons and travel more! Here you can find posts about how to become an expat, tips on living abroad, finding work abroad, and all sorts of other stuff about expat life.
Posts are grouped roughly according to topic, or check out the full living abroad archive here.
- 12 Expat Jobs That Will Help You Travel The World
- How to Save Money to Move Abroad (And How Much You Need)
- Expat Life: How to Make a Home Abroad Feel Like Home
- You Should Know These Things Before You Move Abroad
- How Not To Move Abroad
- 5 Ways To Make Friends When You Move Abroad
- The Best Expat Cities
- How to Manage Your Money as an Expat
- New Expat? To Do List For After Moving Abroad
- Thinking of Moving Abroad? Why You Need to Do it Now!
- How to Survive Christmas When You’re Travelling or Living Abroad
- How To Choose A Country To Move To
- How to Apply for a UK Youth Mobility Visa
- What Happens When A Long Distance Relationship Ends (And You’re Finally Together)
- So You Married the Girl Who Travels: A Letter to a New Husband
- Planning a Wedding When You’re an Expat Abroad (Or, That Time I Cried over Ketchup)
- What Long Term Travel Means For Your Relationships
- How Living Abroad Has Changed the Way I Speak
- 9 Reasons Why Moving Abroad Solo Could Be Your Best Decision Yet
- Can You Really Learn a Language by Moving Abroad?
- 5 Reasons to Live Abroad in a Country That Doesn’t Speak Your Language
- 6 and a Half Reasons to Study Abroad
- Backpacking vs. Living Abroad: Which Do You Choose?
- Why You Shouldn’t Be Afraid of Living Abroad
- Where is Home When You Live Abroad?
- An Ode to A Year in Spain
- Edinburgh: An Old Town with a New Beginning
- So… I’m Moving to Scotland!
- Did I Make a Mistake Moving To Spain?
- Why Living Abroad Doesn’t Scare Me
Go to the Get Inspired section for general musings and inspiration.
Expat Interview Series
If you want to know more about what living abroad in a specific country is like, read the Expat Interview Series!